Gulf British Academy provides a bus transport service for pupils. The annual transport fees for each pupil is 275 KD (this covers the two-way journey from home to school and back). To book a space on the school transport, a 100KD deposit fee is required. This amount is non-refundable if you wish to stop using the service after 31st August.
If the pupil’s address changes, the school will not be held responsible for providing transportation if there is no available space on the buses.
To apply for transport please download and complete the form below, then bring it with you at the time of registration (alternatively, a paper form is available from reception).
Download: Transport Service application form
Bus transport policy
Gulf British Academy aims to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all pupils at all times. Listed below are the rules pupils must follow when using the transport service:
- No eating or drinking (except water) allowed on the bus
- Pupils must respect and listen to school personnel on the bus
- Pupils must take responsibility for their own property and respect the property of others
- Pupils must remain in their seats – hanging out of the windows is not allowed
- Throwing objects in or out of the bus is not allowed
- Verbal, visual and physical abuse on the bus will not be tolerated
- Pupils need to be punctual in getting to the bus in the morning. The bus will only wait for 3 minutes before it leaves
- Damage done to the bus will be charged accordingly to the parent of the pupil concerned
What happens if rules are broken?
We look forward to your support in ensuring that your child follows these rules. If the rules are broken, the following will apply: